C – 9 years experience (developing)
SQL – 1 year development and study, 3 years casual study and maintenance
Java – 2 years development, 1 year casual prototyping
Python – 3 years casual development
AWK – 3 years developing
sh – 3 years developing
PHP – 3 years developing and maintaining
HTML – 3 years developing and maintaining
CSS – 2 years developing and maintaining
C++ – 3 years study
Perl – 1 year maintaining
Ruby – 1 month study
Prolog – 1 month study
English – native, 730 SAT Essay
Spanish – 11 years study in primary school (non-conversational, but literate)
Chinese (Mandarin) – 1 year study (speech, listening, writing, and reading)
Operating System Experience
Windows XP – proficient use
Windows 7 – proficient use
Windows 10 – proficient use
Ubuntu 14.04-16.04 – proficient use, comfort in terminal
Lubuntu 16.10 – expert use, comfort in terminal
Kali Linux – proficient use, moderate skill penetration testing
Debian (Wheezy and Jessie) – proficient use, comfort in terminal
ctags – 2 years daily use
Doxygen – 4 years daily use
GCC – 6 years weekly to daily use
GDB – 6 years weekly use
Git – 2 years weekly use
Make – 2 years monthly makefile development and maintenance
Vim – 4 years daily use
WordPress – 4 years weekly use
iptables – occasional use
chef server – studying now
Prior Work Experience
- Eisenking, May 2017-July2017
- Position: Independent Magento Development contractor
- Develop automated translation tool to import remote data feed into Magento e-commerce database using AWK and shell scripts
- Develop theme extensions to create desired functionalities on front-end site, such as hiding guest checkouts by manipulating .phtml files (PHP and HTML)
- Configure CSS to produce streamlined front-end product
- Establish regular backups and work with HostWay support team to mitigate and correct system issues
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise, June 2015-May 2017
- Position: Software Engineer
- Based on requirements of The Machine architecture, I developed a system for encrypting data based on Trusted Platform Module, storing and retrieving values securely using SSL (OpenSSL and GNUTLS implementations), managing a first-boot startup scenario to generate security values in a protected environment, and integrating a top-of-rack-server code to manage individual node security.
- In a debian-based Linux environment, I implemented a top-of-rack server solution to manage security flow for multiple nodes, store key values internally and to an Enterprise Secure Key Manager.
- Developed makefiles for and documented all functions and data values.
- Cross-compiled and tested all functionalities previously mentioned.
- Maintained current git repositories for all key manager files.
- Responded to bug reports, requests from security team, and updated requirements in timely manner.
- Developed scripts in awk and sh to automate testing and improve workflow.
Previous Project Solutions
Developed makefiles for and documented all functions and data values.
Cross-compiled and tested all functionalities previously mentioned.
Maintained current git repositories for all key manager files.
Responded to bug reports, requests from security team, and updated requirements in timely manner.
Developed scripts in awk and sh to automate testing and improve workflow.
Designed and constructed data structure with guaranteed O(log2 N) search, delete, and insert times with very small constants and no maintenance operation
The data structure, implemented in Java as a prototype, uses bitwise radix operations to generate a naturally balanced binary search tree of depth equal to the bit-length of the key value. This ensures that all operations exhibit low overhead.
Built plugin for ImageJ to “clean up” Atomic Force Microscope images of DNA
Given a minimum of 60% noise, conventional blurring techniques used to resolve images produced completely useless images. Using the tools provided by ImageJ, I generated a window-based plugin that adjusts the values of all pixels in the image to remove the low-grade noise, providing much clearer views of the DNA loops.
2013 – BuddyPress-based social network for academic setting, inspired by LinkedIn and Facebook
Status: terminated 2015 due to logistical issues and inability to negotiate with administration
2015 – Fort Collins Program, a programming-oriented blog site
Status: operational, further posting on hiatus
2015 – Evermore Instructional, an aggregator for various lifestyle posts and lifelong learning skills
Status: operational, independent posting and research into further sources on hiatus
2017 – FOCA, an online Christian community oriented around Biblical truths, with aims to become full ministry
2017 – This site, primarily restoring it to a functional state, upgrading aesthetics and navigation, and repurposing it to serve as a CV and Resume
2017 – Chibi Mhay Comics, site design only
Status: Ongoing, largely done
June 2017 – smokinbrosbarbecue.com WordPress design and implementation
May 2017-Present – eisenking.com
Graduate Information Security / Graduate Network Security
Broad spectrum understanding of vulnerabilities and threat prevention
Embedded Microprocessor Systems
Breaking ideas down to the base components, exploiting available resources
Graduate Computer Networks
Structure and implementation of Internet communication protocols
Graduate Database Design
Database modeling schema, SQL implementation
Eagle Scout – Class of 2010
Novis A Capella Choir – 1 year president, 1 year treasurer, 4 years singer
Gloria Dei Lutheran Church – Choir member 1999 – 2011, Elementary Sunday School 2009-2010