5221 Mill Stone Way, Fort Collins CO 80528
A self-motivating engineer with strong teamwork, resource management, and communication skills. A highly-focused puzzle-solver proficient in top-down design, code maintenance, and group leadership. A future-oriented software developer and strategist concerned with long-term viable solutions.
|· C||· Self-Motivated Learning|
|· Linux||· Agile Development|
|· Python||· Security Software|
|· Shell Scripting||· Root-Cause Analysis and Mitigation|
Prior Work Experience
- Eisenking, May 2017-July 2017
- Position: Magento Developer (contract)
- Developed automated scripts to import remote data feed and translate to match Magento e-commerce database formats (using awk, shell, sed)
- Created customized theme elements to customize guest experience and allow for easier navigation of large inventory catalog (using php and html)
- Established regular backup mechanism
- Provided quality assurance measures and mitigated downtime
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise, June 2015-May 2017
- Position: Software Engineer
- Based on requirements of The Machine architecture, developed a system for encrypting data based on Trusted Platform Module, storing and retrieving values securely using SSL (OpenSSL and GNUTLS implementations), managing a first-boot startup scenario to generate security values in a protected environment, and integrating a top-of-rack-server code to manage individual node security using C.
- In a debian-based Linux environment, I implemented a top-of-rack server solution to manage security flow for multiple nodes, store key values internally and to an Enterprise Secure Key Manager.
- Developed makefiles for and documented all functions and data values.
- Cross-compiled and tested all functionalities previously mentioned.
- Maintained current git repositories for all key manager files.
- Responded to bug reports, requests from security team, and updated requirements in timely manner.
- Developed scripts in awk and sh to automate testing and improve workflow.
Education: BS in Computer Engineering from UT Dallas, December 2014
- Graduate Information Security / Graduate Network Security
- Broad spectrum understanding of vulnerabilities and threat prevention, experience with WireShark, Python-based Scapy firewall, and Bro Intrusion Detection
- Embedded Microprocessor Systems
- Breaking ideas down to the base components, exploiting available resources
- Graduate Computer Networks
- Structure and implementation of Internet communication protocols, understanding of OWASP Top 10 security threats (as of 2015), basic implementation of REST-based protocols
- Graduate Database Design
- Database modeling schema, SQL implementation
Personal Solutions Portfolio
- Deployed customized LAMP-based cloud for in-home file storage and access, media streaming
- Designed prototype data structure with guaranteed O(log2 N) search, delete, and insert time with very small time-space constants and automatic self-balancing behavior
- Designed prototype block chain library for implementation outside of electronic currency applications
Other Relevant Information
- Eagle Scout – Class of 2010
- Author: Linux + C and 24 Patterns for Clean Code (Amazon)
- Owner, webmaster, and author for firstonlinechurchofamerica.org
- Featured Expert on Relayo.com